So you know me I'm always honest.
At my first doctors appointment I weighed 251. (This happened during my frustration and struggles with trying to get pregnant. No excuses, but it is what it is.)
I now weigh 261.
Part of that is from morning sickness only allowing me to eat more "carby" things as opposed to other things, but part of it is from just not paying attention to what I am eating.
That ends today.
Have no fear . . . I am not going to go crazy and starve myself, but I am going to start tracking my food again. My midwife really only wants me to gain 15 lbs and I've already gained 10 lbs. As an overweight person I know for a fact that I can eat healthy during pregnancy and not gain and even possibly lose weight because of my size. I don't plan on being strict about it, but I do plan on making sure that I don't gain anymore weight.
Exercise is also on the horizon. Again, I'm not going to go crazy, but I am going to make sure I'm getting some sort of regular exercise in every day. It will help with strength and also help my labor in the long run.
Baby News: I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and my glucose test came back great! I was so relieved! Also heard the little ones heartbeat (Even though I have a doppler I use at home and hear the heartbeat every day!) it was still nice to hear. We have a date for our "show us the goods" ultrasound . . . March 22. We are super excited and can't wait to hopefully find out what this little one is. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment