Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm not a runner.

I really want to be a runner.

I dream of my friends and family watching me cross a finish line and the feeling of accomplishment that goes with that.

Yeah.

I hate running.

I don't know why I don't like it, but I just don't.  I feel dumb running and it's just not something that I enjoy.  I would just much rather workout on an elliptical machine or just walk outside.

So here is where I share with you my favorite motto of this journey so far.

I am not going to eat or do anything that I don't enjoy!


I keep trying to force myself to start running.  Today I'm going to run. Today I'm going to re-start Couch 2 5K.  Today I will become a runner.

I don't like it.  Why am I forcing myself to do something that I don't get any emotional benefit from?  I know from my past with losing weight that I will not stick to anything if I don't like it.  Plain and simple.

So guess who isn't going to be running anytime soon . . . well unless I'm running away from ice cream man.  :)

I will be looking into finding other ways to exercise that I do enjoy.





1 comment:

LisaL said...

UGH running! I hate it! I also wish I loved it, but I just don't. No idea why, I just don't like doing it or trying it at all. Hell, I don't even like walking fast.