I have a wedding to attend on May 14, 2011. As you will learn about me you will find out that I am not a dress person. Never have been. My husband has literally seen me in a dress probably 5 times and 2 of those times was prom and our wedding.
So when I received a Fashion Bug insert in the mail and flipped open to the first page I saw this dress that I just knew would be perfect for this wedding. For me to even want to wear a dress at all means this dress is just amazing.
Checked online and for some reason it wouldn't let me purchase the dress. So I called the number to phone in an order (I didn't even know they still did phone ordering anymore . . . computer lover that I am). They are completely SOLD OUT of the dress and won't ever stock it again.
Of course.
Well fine then. I'll just call up my local store (actually now the ONLY local store we have around here now, because all the other stores closed) and see if they have it in stock.
The girl I get on the phone very nicely looks for me.
Side note: At this point after the whole jeans incident I think that I'm probably close to being a 20W so I'm hoping to get one in that size. Or worst case a 22W that might need to be pinned if it ends up being too big by the time I want to wear it.
" We have an 18W . . . and a 28W."
Crap.
Well the 28W is too big to even be pinned, so that's a nice thing to think about.
Hmmmmmm . . . . an 18W? Could I possibly fit that by the middle of May?
Well it's my only shot at this dress, so I tell her to hold it because I want to go down and try it on. I get to Fashion Bug and try the dress on . . . .
Don't get your hopes up . . . it doesn't miraculously fit or anything crazy like that, but it does look really nice on. I can't get it zipped up totally, but it zips more than I thought it would.
Here is the front.

Please excuse the funny look on my face . . .
it's hard to take a picture in a mirror apparently.
Here is the back . . .

Please excuse the granny looking bra . . .
I'm hoping to eventually get a bra that's cute.
And the side . . .

Please excuse the fact that I'm in the shower . . .
It's the only mirror we have right now. :o)
You know what I'm going for it!
I bought the dress and so here in lies the challenge.
I will be doing 30 Day Shred everyday until the wedding.
I plan on still staying on point with my food because at this point, what I'm doing is working. I'm hoping the 30 Day Shred will help with inches.
So who's with me?
6 comments:
I'm with you. I think the dress is amazing and I think you're amazing and if there is a person on this planet that can pull this off... it's you. <3.
It looks great! It'll look even better in May! I'm in the process of a 28-day bootcamp challenge myself, so, we'll see!! :)
Thanks guys!
Oh yeah and T . . . bring it on baby! :o)
Yeah, well, I lost already! Day two and I missed my bootcamp workout! Just blame it on lack of time at home and a very clingy three-year-old. But I'll do two tomorrow to make up for it. :) I just ordered a couple bootcamp DVDs to shake it up a bit. I almost bought the 30 Day Shred, really, I did ... but the reviews made that one seem like something I should do when I'm a little bit more in shape than I am now.
I love the dress, Jen! Can't wait to see you in it.
Thanks Rachel . . . I sure hope I can fit into it by then.
Post a Comment