Friday, December 16, 2011

The Dreaded Holiday Food




I don't know about you but I LOVE the holiday season.  I love spending time with my family.  I love decorations.  I LOVE FOOD.

Yep, I'm not going to deny it.  I didn't become overweight because I hated food.  I obviously love food.  So I know the top question on everyones mind . . . .

How do you make it through the holidays without gaining weight???


Everyone has their own ideas, but here is mine.  (For what it's worth)  :o)

I refuse to spend the little time I have with my family being panicked about what I am going to eat.  Am I going to go crazy?  NO!  Am I going to enjoy some of my favorite things?  YES!


I still eat healthy every chance I can, but when it comes time for a holiday party or family get together I don't panic.  I make sure I always drink lots of water, I fill up more on protein and veggies and then I pick only 1 or 2 things that I absolutely love and I will eat a small portion of each.  That way I get to enjoy myself, without making myself crazy.

My main goal this holiday season is to spend time with the people I love and to MAINTAIN MY WEIGHT LOSS.  That's it.  No big declaration of how much weight I will lose because for me it's more stress than it's worth.  In the end I will make it a lot farther in this weight loss journey if I am smart about it.  This is for life.


2 comments:

LisaL said...

Sounds like a great plan. Holiday season... I am SO not worried about what I'm eating. I'm not eating total crap but if I want a cookie, damnit, I'm gonna have one! lol

Erica Zamsky Hunt said...

This sounds like a reasonable goal-That way you can enjoy a bit and not get too worked up but not end up in a hole after the holidays. Let us know how it goes