Thursday, October 6, 2011

When you don't hear from me . . .

you know something is up.

I'm having a hard time. Something in me doesn't see the changes in my outward appearance. I have lost 61 lbs and for some reason when I look in the mirror I still see the same me. Don't get me wrong I notice the changes in my physical health . . . I can carry my 5 year old son up the stairs running and not get winded . . I know I'm way healthier than I ever have been. The problem is that for some reason when I look at me I don't see the change in my physical appearance. I know it shouldn't matter, but it does.

I started this journey for so many different reasons: health, happiness, wanting another baby, and last (but certainly not least) I wanted to look better on the outside. I wanted this for me . . no one else. Everyone that surrounds me loves me no matter what I look like so selfishly I wanted this for me. Changing the way I eat and live is hard. Anyone who has ever started this journey knows that, but it's even harder when you aren't getting the payoff. I know that this is just something I need to push past.

Thankfully I got a bit of inspiration that I needed today. I follow many weight loss blogs and one of my top ones is Jen at PriorFatGirl (if you are looking for inspiration look no further!). I found Elle through her blog and she constantly inspires me . . . today she did a vlog and it really got to me. If you need a bit of honest inspiration, it doesn't get any better than her.

I know it's hard for all of us to push through this journey. I know that we all struggle. BUT as easy as it would be to fall back into old habits (cause lets be honest . . we all know how easy it is to gain weight) I REFUSE to do that. I am worth the time and effort it takes to get to my goal.

For my own kick in the butt . . . here is a quick before and after. I finally got my hair done and I'm starting to find someone I started to lose . . . me.



5 comments:

Joanne said...

I can really appreciate your post! I constantly need inspiration in my own healthiness journey and you did that for me today. You look totally amazing!!

Unknown said...

I'm following you Jennifer Main! Hey, you have a bike? Perhaps we could meet up at Oak Grove Lake Park in Chesapeake. (a hidden gem) bike, walk, jog, bring your journal and write heck bring the camera too! I am very proud of you!

Jen said...

Thank you Joanne!

Jen said...

Drew - Yes I have a bike and I would love to get together at Oak Grove Park (I just love that park). Just let me know when! Thanks for your support!

LisaL said...

You look great!
I know exactly what you mean though about not seeing anything physically.
As much as we want this for health reasons, it is nice to actually SEE the progress and changes. And even if there are some, it's hard to get the fat goggles off.
Sometimes I see the changes my body has gone through, and then others, I can only see the fat girl still here.
Def not an easy journey.