Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Five Months Ago

Five months ago almost to the day I was sitting in my best friend's hospital room making the decision to save my life while she saved hers. We set goals & talked about what would happen 5 months from then. My goal was to lose 50 lbs by her birthday.

I didn't make it.

Not meeting my goal is going to probably the biggest test I have faced on this journey so far. I have to fight being mad at myself. I have to fight being disappointed in myself. I have to fight wanting to binge.

I have to remind myself that I lost 47 lbs! I have worked my butt off to lose that weight and I'm proud of it. So what if I didn't reach my goal by a specific day. I still made the decision to change my life 5 months ago and I have reached that goal. I'm changing my life. I easily could have given up and gained even more weight during this 5 months, but I didn't.

So it's time to set a new goal. My birthday is in about 5 1/2 months & I want to set a goal to be down another 50 lbs by then. I want to hit my 100 lb loss goal by my birthday in December. I didn't use to think it was possible . . . now I know it's possible.

Anything is possible.


A big happy birthday to my best friend Amber! We've been friends for 19 years!


Here is to another 19! :o)

2 comments:

TT said...

You two both look great. :)

Jen said...

Thanks :o)