Because of my great friend T, who lovingly reminded me about setting up rewards for each of my mini goals, I decided to set up a goal list. It's on my sidebar under the "Need to Know" section, but I want to post them here too.
268 lbs (- 30 lbs) : new MP3 player
258 lbs (- 40 lbs) : zumba wii game
248 lbs (- 50 lbs) : new outfit
238 lbs (- 60 lbs) : new haircut & highlights
228 lbs (- 70 lbs) : new workout clothes
218 lbs (- 80 lbs) : new outfit
208 lbs (- 90 lbs) : polar FT40
198 lbs (- 100 lbs) : vacation w/hubby
188 lbs (- 110 lbs) : victoria's secret
180 lbs (- 118 lbs) : shopping spree baby!
258 lbs (- 40 lbs) : zumba wii game
248 lbs (- 50 lbs) : new outfit
238 lbs (- 60 lbs) : new haircut & highlights
228 lbs (- 70 lbs) : new workout clothes
218 lbs (- 80 lbs) : new outfit
208 lbs (- 90 lbs) : polar FT40
198 lbs (- 100 lbs) : vacation w/hubby
188 lbs (- 110 lbs) : victoria's secret
180 lbs (- 118 lbs) : shopping spree baby!
I've set up a reward for every 10 lbs that I lose. It will give me a little something to look forward to because let's face it . . . losing weight is hard and motivation is key. So on those days where I can't seem to muster up my own internal motivation maybe a little reward will help push me. Can't hurt right? :o)
Anyone else do rewards? I'd love to hear some ideas.
8 comments:
New outfits, and hair dye/cut is my traditional route as far as weight loss rewards go. I'm so glad I could be of some sort of motivation and help to you.
I have let myself go the last two weeks with Jocelyn and myself being sick. I need to stop making excuses for my poor eating and rise above it, darn it!
I rarely get a chance to be a girlie-girl so I love rewarding myself with a pedicure. It makes me feel so pampered and pretty when it's over.
Also, I think this is a great idea. I'm going to set up my own reward system too!
T- You can do it. I know it's not easy . . . believe me I know, but if I have learned anything it's that the only way to do it . . is to just do it. No matter what I just keep moving forward, even if I fall, I just get up and keep moving forward.
Kelly- I'm so far from a girly girl it's not even funny. I hardly ever wear makeup and very rarely wear anything other than jeans. I can't wait to be more of a girly girl. I think I have lost so much of that because of my weight and I'm sure looking forward to getting it back. :o) Might have to add pedicure to my list!
Jen - Same with me. I've been a tomboy most of my life. I have spent a lot of time vaguely envious of tiny girls and their adorable clothes. I live in jeans and sneakers. And I may never be a "tiny" girl (what 5'10" girl gets called tiny anyway?) but I am fully planning on the adorable clothes. I'm tired of plus size yuck.
What great goals...perhaps I need to set mini goals since I only set big ones and I ahve to wait in between and I get antsy waiting!
Kelly - As a tall girl too, I know exactly what you mean about being a "tiny "girl, it's just not in the cards for me either. However, I can't wait to get to pick out clothes, not because they are the only thing that fit me, but because they are cute and I like them :o)
Momma Hunt - That's exactly why I want to do mini goals . . . it makes it seem more do-able for some reason. I can focus on the mini goals instead of just the big main goal.
Post a Comment