Today I walked with another walking buddy I have. She walks at a good pace and we talk to so it goes by really quickly. We went around this loop 3 times and man did I feel it. When I got home I hopped on the computer and checked out how long the loop is . . . it's almost a mile long, so literally we walked almost 3 miles! Then it hit me . . . a 5K is 3.1 miles so we almost did a 5K!!
That's huge for me, I have always wanted to do a 5K and I finally did it . . . well almost. I will next time I can tell you that!
2 comments:
WOO! Congrats!!!
Yay! You're doing awesome.
And let me make a confession ... during vacation, I let myself go. If Mickey offered me cheesecake, I took it. If he offered me fries, I ate them.
I got on the scale the other night and saw a number that I haven't seen since I was five months pregnant.
OH NO I DIDN'T. I realized I think back longingly to those days, six years ago, when I wore a size six (I know, right!) and actually had designer clothes in my closet and realized that I only have myself to blame. It's time to stop deluding myself.
The fact you've lost 25 pounds - and fit into loose 22 jeans! - is amazing. And I'm so happy for you. I remember the AMAZING feeling being in a dressing room, and picking up something to say "I won't buy this unless it fits in a smaller size" ... AND IT DOES! I want that feeling back.
And darn it, I'm going to get it back. I wish we lived closer, I'd so be your workout buddy ...
(You're right, this is the healthier and safer option. Don't let other people's success get you down. You have your own successes, and those took a lot of work, don't let anyone else get you down.)
Post a Comment